Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Choosing Wisely


The stories we tell can either serve to clarify everything or confuse the listener.  Choosing the right story often seems tough, especially when you’re under stress or pressed for time.  It’s why we often suggest to clients they keep a video library of the best stories for folks to listen to before they try to use them.  Once your library gets big enough, folks can ask themselves two questions to sort and select the right story to use.

  1. Does the hero of my story feel the way my listener does?
  2. Does the hero in my story change over time in the way I’d like my listener to consider?

If you can answer yes to both these questions, chances are you’ve got a story your listener will relate to and remember.

-Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment